Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Film: Working Inside Buick City 1995

I made this film with my rather large VHS camera covertly hidden in a box with just the lens protruding. "Secret Agent Man". You were not allowed to bring cameras on company property. Maybe that's why I was always in trouble? The first person you see at the beginning in the blue ball cap is Greg Lamay. He is quite a character. Most of his story's are being put down in my memoirs which I've been working on for years, because I don't think they would go over well in this format. I'll never forget his (II Duce) "Benito Mussolini" imitation that he always used when we had a rather stern boss. The man with long black hair and cowboy hat is Doug Cocke (pronounced COX). He passed away in 1999 . I have films of him and I playing guitar's together. The gentleman with white hair and beard is James (Jim) Doepker a farmer from near Owosso. He came to Buick from Fisher #1 when it closed. The worker saying hello to my wife while unloading fan racks is Levon Flickenger one of my drinking buddy's. Most all of this film was shot on the second floor of factory #40, building #16, departments 44, 45 & 53. At certain points in this film I inserted still shots showing the location at the time. "Get some popcorn and enjoy the film".  1995 Park Avenue story.

1 comment:

Jerry Ervin said...

Much of my time that year was working the first shift in those departments. I was the day shift "torque man" for Customer Satisfaction. Thanks for the memories. Hard to believe it's gone.