Monday, May 14, 2012

Factory Tour.

This is the start of one of the many factory tours at Buick during it's lifetime. This one appears to be about 1969. You will notice the person leading the group in the dark suit has a loud speaker. This was definitely needed in most areas of the factory because of the steady noise. (CLICK HERE FOR THAT SOUND). In this tour (starting from the Buick main office) you can see factory #04 filling the background. You can also see the body receiving area off to the right. This corner of Industrial and Hamilton Avenue always was the prime place for taking photos. I was the clerk for the truck dock shown in the background during 1981 to 1982. I have two different folding postcard sets (from 1968 and 1969) that were given out to the people taking the plant tour. When I took the tour in the 50's I was given a miniature pocket sewing kit. Even then I was thinking that was a stupid keepsake. Follow the courtyard link for more on my tour. The postcard photos I mention, are posted throughout this blog. You can just do a search with the keyword 1967 or 1968 at the upper left corner to see these photos. Follow the link THE TRIP I MADE for one of the older keepsakes given out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
 Links:

The Trip I Made

Court Yard Between Factory #07 and #10

No comments: