Monday, January 7, 2008

Inside the train shed 1997

This is an A.G.V. (automated guided vehicle) in the old train shed 02/08. Repair and testing took place here because they needed a large open area. They even had the electrical track embedded in the floor complete with the recharging stations. These vehicles were required for a platform to build up the chassis components and they were then raised for installation into the body.
In this view I'm facing south east inside the old train shed. You can barely see the main roof structure but it was all ceder slats. I can just imagine what that old wood was worth when they demolished the building. But that's small potatoes compared to the waste I seen in my 25 years there. We used to always say "This would be a great place to start a car company".

I used to visit a friend in here during the early 80's when they did plastic injection molding. I think this photo is from that time.


No comments: