Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Family at General Motors

This is where my grandfather worked .

My grandfather  looked like this when he worked for Fisher Body #2a, located on Chevrolet avenue which was simply called: "Chevy in the hole".

My mother Lorraine (Royer) Godin at Fisher Body #1. I believe (the top left photo) was a baby shower for her upcoming child in 1949 my sister Lynn (Godin) Carley. The top right and bottom right were party's for other employees. Also shown (at bottom left) is her mother Mary (Bernard) Royer retiring from Fisher #1.

These snap shot's are from 8mm home movies my mother took while waiting to pick my Dad up at Buick. The building you see in the background is #08/#78 garage. The garage at this time was also part of engineering #78 . This is the intersection of Hamilton and Industrial facing south-east.
1963 story book of Fisher Body.


Links:

Flint Photos Supplied From The Weaver Family Fisher Body #1 The Fisher Brothers. Happy 100th Birthday Chevrolet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dad worked at Fisher #1, My Uncle owned a bar across from Gate #1 since the early 40's. I attended a party in late 1954 commemorating the 50 millionth car (a 1955 chevy painted gold). My father was awarded a service pin ( a fisher body tack with 3 green emeralds for suggesting changes to the assembly line preventing bottlenecks. I valued this pin but lost it when my son stole it to buy drugs. I still have many memories of the plant and hated to see it go. It's passing hurried my dad and uncle's passing as well.