Friday, March 7, 2008

Building #38 Warehouse

Facing east showing the #38 warehouse. Pierson Road is on the left and ending at Dort  Highway beyond the I-475 business loop through Flint. These two aerial photos are snips from Leonard Thygesen's demolition documentary.
Facing west at #38. I-475 is in the foreground with the overpass crossing the C & O rail line and Pierson Road.
This view at the Buick warehouse is facing southwest from Pierson road near the Pere Marquette overpass (the C&O railroad during my time). Originally this building was to be used for emission testing that wasn't very important when built in 1964. This was the location of the Buick tank test track during WWII. When I used to go here it was only used for engine storage. I would only draw parts from here in an emergency or when they needed to rotate stock. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I GREW UP IN OWOSSO IN THE 70S WE WERE ALL TOLD IN SCHOOL WE WOULD WORK FOR BUICK.WELL I MOVED TO PA.MAYBE I M LUCKY